I. General Provisions
1. The tickets to the events of the Museum are available online in the Republic of Lithuania and the following foreign countries: Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Poland, Russia and other countries where internet connection is available and access to similar portals is not prohibited. Payments are made within payment system www.paysera.lt. The suggested ways of payment include e-banking services and credit cards of the majority of banks operating in Lithuania.
2. Online ticketing service module www.ljm.lt is connected with the accounting, sales and management system “nPoint” - it receives and transfers information on the list of events, including their descriptions, prices in different sectors and unoccupied/occupied places. The databases are interconnected.
The system automatically selects and sells the best places available at the moment of purchase.
3. www.ljm.lt is adapted for the acquisition of tickets using mobile devices as well.
4. Internet user’s interface ensuring access to the ticketing system functions is operating within the following internet browsers: Internet Explorer 8 and later versions; Mozilla Firefox 11.0 and later versions; Google chrome; Safari.
5. Information on www.ljm.lt is available in Lithuanian, English and Russian.
6. The tickets can be bought by registered and/or unregistered users.
7. When purchasing tickets online, the fee of EUR 0.25 is applied for each ticket.
II. Acquisition Rules
1. To buy a ticket online, a visitor should select the required date, time and visitor category.
2. Having selected tickets, a visitor should enter personal data (name, telephone number and e-mail address), check the basket information, confirm acceptance of ticket sales and usage provisions and start payment procedure.
3. If a visitor when buying a ticket (tickets) selects option “Invoice required”, an e-Invoice is generated according to the personal and/or business data provided by the client.
4. The payment is made within the payment system www.paysera.lt.
5. After the receipt of the answer from the system www.paysera.lt about the received payment, tickets are sent by e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the user.
6. A visitor having acquired a ticket online should take into consideration the time required to arrive to the Lithuanian Sea Museum and/or Dolphinarium.
7. When purchasing tickets online, the Money Transfer Fee of EUR 0.25 is applied for each ticket.
8. Children up to 4 years of age are not required tickets - they are checked upon arrival.
9. When buying tickets online, the system automatically selects the best places available.
10. The owner of an e-ticket must print the unique PDF file received by e-mail on a page of white paper size A4 using a colour or black-and-white printer and provide it at the point of control.
11. It is possible to read the barcode from a visitor’s mobile device; a visitor is responsible for mobile internet and/or other ways of scanning barcodes.
12. If a user does not uncheck option “Newsletters”, the system “nPoint” saves the user’s data and the list of users to whom newsletters will be sent is generated.
III. Ticket Usage Rules
1. Visitors with tickets are admitted 30-40 minutes before the beginning of the show. Children up to 4 years of age are admitted for free, though a separate seat is not provided.
2. Every person wishing to visit the Lithuanian Sea Museum and/or dolphin show must acquire a ticket (according to a respective visitor category).
3. A ticket is valid for the specified event, date and time.
4. If a ticket is acquired with discount, a visitor must provide a respective document at the point of control. If a visitor does not have a valid document granting discount, he/she must acquire a regular ticket.
5. A visitor is recommended to take into consideration that the Museum and/or Dolphinarium is reached by a ferry running according to a timetable and arrive beforehand, even if a ticket is acquired online.
6. A visitor should keep a ticket and receipt (if a ticket is bought in a booking-office) till the end of the event.
7. A ticket is scanned and checked only once and is valid for one person only. Control devices show the date and time of the first scan. If a ticket is provided for a second scan, a visitor is not admitted. It is strictly recommended to keep the acquired tickets and to refrain from transferring them to third parties.
8. Tickets are not exchanged and/or refunded, except for the cases when an event was not held and/or was cancelled through the fault of the Lithuanian Sea Museum.
9. If an event was not held through the fault of the Lithuania Sea Museum, tickets bough in the booking-office should be returned to the same booking-office. In order to be refunded, it is necessary to provide a ticket and a respective receipt to the booking-office.
IV. Ticket Control
1. Ticket control is provided by ticket controllers using manual scanners. A scanner shows a video signal about the validity (green colour) or invalidity (red colour) of a ticket, according to which visitors are admitted or refused entrance.
2. If a visitor tries to enter with the same ticket for a second time, the controller’s scanner shows the date and time of the first scan.
3. If a visitor is not admitted through the point of control, the administrator is invited and the respective ticket is checked with the booking-office (administrative module). The check will show that the ticket was already used and/or is expired.
THE LIST OF VISITORS OF THE LITHUANIAN SEA MUSEUM AND DOLPHINARIUM TO WHOM DISCOUNT IS GRANTED, AND DISCOUNT GRANTING PROCEDURE
1. The following procedure is applicable with respect to the visitors of the Dolphinarium of the Lithuania Sea Museum wishing to acquire tickets with discount:
1.1. Persons wishing to acquire tickets with discount should provide a cashier with a respective certificate granting such right and deliver the acquired ticket, together with the said certificate, for control. Otherwise, a ticket with discount is not sold and if the above mentioned certificate is not provided for control, a person is not admitted.
1.2. It is prohibited to hand over a ticket with discount to other persons.
1.3. The Administration of the Lithuanian Sea Museum reserves the right to refuse granting discount to persons having violated the general procedure, who, otherwise, are entitled to acquire tickets with discount following the provisions of the general procedure.
1.4. The Director of the Lithuania Sea Museum is entitled to establish exceptions for discount or free admission to the Dolphinarium.
2. Following the order of the Director of the Lithuania Sea Museum regarding determination of admission prices, the following discounts and conditions of visiting the Dolphinarium of the Lithuanian Sea Museum apply:
2.1. Depending on the season, discounts are applied for:
2.1.1. Children (4 years and older).
2.1.2. Schoolchildren holding a valid schoolchildren certificate.
2.1.3. Students of full-time studies (daytime-department students enlisted before the Law on Higher Education and Research of the Republic of Lithuania entered into force) holding a valid Lithuanian Student Certificate.
2.1.4. Students holding a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
2.1.5. Retired old age nationals of the Member States of the European Union and European Economic Area holding a valid pensioner’s certificate.
2.2. Organized visitor groups (depending on the season):
2.2.1. A special group rate is applied for groups of minimum 15 adults.
2.2.2. A special group rate is applied for groups of minimum 15 schoolchildren, children, students and/or retired old age persons.
2.3. The following discounts and/or visiting conditions for visitors with disabilities and/or groups of visitors with disabilities are applied, if these disabled people visit the Dolphinarium not more than twice a month:
2.3.1. Adult nationals of the Republic of Lithuania and European Union with disabilities of 0-25 percent of work ability (I disability group) are admitted to the dolphin show free of charge, together with one accompanying person, upon presentation of a valid disability certificate at the booking-office of the Lithuanian Sea Museum.
2.3.2. Adult nationals of the Republic of Lithuania and European Union with disabilities of 30-55 percent of work ability (II disability group) are entitled to acquire tickets with discount (ticket price for children, schoolchildren, students and retired old age persons).
2.3.3. Adult nationals of the Republic of Lithuania and European Union with disabilities of 60-100 percent of work ability (III disability group) are entitled to acquire tickets at a special group rate, the price of which depends on the season, upon presentation of a valid disability certificate at the booking-office of the Lithuanian Sea Museum.
2.3.4. Individual children with disabilities (up to 18 years of age) are admitted to the Dolphinarium free of charge, together with one accompanying person, upon presentation of a valid disability certificate at the booking-office of the Lithuanian Sea Museum.
2.3.5. Groups of children with disabilities are admitted following the same procedure as the one applicable for individual children with disabilities or upon request of the manager of the institution, signed and sent to the Administration of the Lithuanian Sea Museum together with the list of a respective group. In order to receive a ticket for a visit free of charge, the original request and list should be presented at the booking-office of the Lithuanian Sea Museum.
2.4. The following persons are entitled to be admitted to the dolphin shows free of charge, upon presentation of a permit issued by the Public Relations and Marketing Department or the booking-office of the Lithuanian Sea Museum:
2.4.1. Creators of the Museum and/or Dolphinarium holding special personal permits.
2.4.2. Sponsors of the Museum and/or Dolphinarium holding special annual permits.
2.4.3. Employees of all museums of the Republic of Lithuania holding museum employee’s certificate. One employee of any museum of the Republic of Lithuania is entitled to acquire a ticket with discount for one member of his/her family.
2.4.4. Children up to 4 years of age (without providing them a separate seat).
2.4.5. Adults leading organized groups of ten children. A permit is issued by the booking-office when buying tickets with discount for children. All other adults leading groups of children acquire tickets with discount, i.e. tickets designated for the organized groups of adults.
2.4.6. Guides, group leaders and bus drivers, upon presentation of a respective certificate at the booking-office of the Lithuania Sea Museum. A permit for one guide, one bus driver and one group leader (if applicable) is issued when buying a group ticket and could not be transferred to another person.
2.4.7. Groups of orphans, disadvantaged children and children from boarding-schools or care institutions and their accompanying persons (one adult - ten children) wishing to visit the Lithuanian Sea Museum free of charge and/or acquire tickets at a special rate fixed by the Director of the Lithuanian Sea Museum (with discount) should send a request to the Director of the Lithuania Sea Museum by e-mail address ljm@muziejus or by fax 846 49 07 50 together with the list of children and documents attesting their status signed and stamped by the manager of the school or respective institutions. Upon approval by the Director of the Lithuanian Sea Museum, the Public Relations and Marketing Department shall inform about the discount granted.
Patiko (1)Rodyk draugams